Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust (OHC&AT) is committed to offering a wide range of continuous professional development opportunities. We recognise that recruiting and retaining the highest quality staff across all our settings is central to our commitment to offer outstanding educational opportunities to our pupils and students.
Our training and development opportunities are both responsive and forward-thinking and includes:
- SEND-specialist teaching pathways that enable staff to learn and qualify while working;
- a range of SEND specialist modules that allow staff to build their expertise in specific areas relevant to their role and interests;
- bespoke training sessions;
- access to professional and specialist staff networks;
- support with research and development.
With a mixture of online and face to face delivery, drawing on the expertise of senior leaders and associates, our high quality training is informed by current research and policy around SEND, education and HR. This wide-ranging programme allows staff to develop a truly versatile skill set in order to build confidence in supporting pupils and students with special education needs to learn and flourish.
As with our pupils and students, we aim to support our staff to achieve their ambitions and many members of OHC&AT staff have progressed, within the organisation, from teaching to middle and senior leadership and beyond.