OHC&AT is committed to offering a wide range of continuous professional development opportunities. We recognise that recruiting and retaining the highest quality staff across all our settings is central to our commitment to offer outstanding educational opportunities to our pupils and students. Our in-house Training School oversees provision of a suite of CPD and career development opportunities that are both responsive and forward-thinking. Our offer includes:
- SEND-specialist teaching pathways that enable staff to learn and qualify while working;
- core requirements such as safeguarding and health and safety;
- a range of SEND specialist modules that allow staff to build their expertise in specific areas relevant to their role and interests;
- bespoke training sessions;
- access to professional and specialist staff networks;
- support with research and development.
With a mixture of online and face to face delivery, drawing on the expertise of senior leaders and associates, our high quality training is informed by current research and policy around SEND, education and HR. This wide-ranging programme allows staff to develop a truly versatile skill set in order to build confidence in supporting pupils and students with additional needs to learn and flourish.
OHC&AT subscribes to the view that work can and should be considered a health outcome, and we therefore see professional development in terms of wellbeing as well as quality assurance. Staff benefit both professionally and personally from having confidence in their own skills, confidence in a supportive leadership and management structure, and confidence that there are opportunities for career progression. As with our pupils and students, we aim to support our staff to achieve their ambitions and many members of OHC&AT staff have progressed, within the organisation, from teaching to middle and senior leadership and beyond.