We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of College to join our College centre in Hillingdon. At Orchard Hill College we support students with a range of Special Educational Needs to build their futures and secure life changing outcomes. This is a critical role for the continued success of the College as an Ofsted Outstanding Provider and as a national advocate for young people and adults with SEND.
What’s in it for you?/ Why Should You Apply?
· You want to make a difference in the lives of our students and their families.
· You are looking for a role where you are given the opportunity and freedom to develop a person-centred provision that enables and empowers our students to live meaningful lives after College, whilst being valued members of their community.
· You want to lead a creative curriculum set within student-centred learning pathways.
· You want to work in an Ofsted Outstanding specialist College.
· You want to work with a diverse and inspiring student population.
· You enjoy working as part of a collaborative multi-disciplinary team.
· You have a strong commitment to student and staff well-being and want to work in an organisation with the same strong values.
· You can receive support from peers at other College centres, combined with Supportive Line Management from the College Principal and Deputy Principals.
What we look for in our staff?
· You will be an exceptional classroom practitioner who is able to develop staff through coaching, mentoring and modelling good practice.
· You will be reflective and progressive, ensuring your practice and subject knowledge remains up to date.
· You are aspirational for yourself, your team, and the students you support.
· You are the kind of College leader who is responsive to student and staff needs and relishes the opportunity to build on and improve what is already in place
· You will be somebody who can develop networks and build relationships across new and existing stakeholder groups.
· You are a positive role model who excites and motivates your team.
Orchard Hill College has eight vibrant community based College Centres across London and Surrey where committed, specialist teams deliver a range of programmes to meet the needs of over 400 students.
Orchard Hill College is also an Academy sponsor and established Orchard Hill College Academy Trust in 2013 which is home to 14 special schools. Together Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust provide for over 1500 pupils and students with SEN across London, Surrey, Sussex and Berkshire. To find out more about Orchard Hill College please visit https://orchardhill.ac.uk/.
To apply for the role please use the quick apply option to submit an application. If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that CV applications cannot be considered.
Application deadline: Wednesday 26th April 2023
Interviews on: Wednesday 3rd May 2023
Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments made will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.Apply