We are looking for professionals who want to champion the voice and rights of people with learning disabilities and Autistic people to live their best lives and reach their own personal potential in all areas of life.
Orchard Hill College is an Outstanding Specialist College (Ofsted, November 2019) offering life-changing learning opportunities to young people and adults with a range of special education needs and/or disabilities. We have eight vibrant community-based College Centres across London and Surrey where committed, specialist teams deliver a range of programmes to meet the needs of over 400 students.
Students who study with us have a wide range of needs including profound and multiple learning disabilities, communication and behavioural difficulties and specific medical needs. All students are individuals, and their learning programmes are designed to support and empower them to achieve their aspirations and goals, whilst developing skills to become more independent members of their community.
Orchard Hill College is a truly unique and rewarding place to work with inspirational students and a dynamic and supportive staff team. To find out more about Orchard Hill College please visit https://orchardhill.ac.uk/.
The College is also an Academy sponsor and established Orchard Hill College Academy Trust in 2013, which is home to 15 special schools. Together Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust provide for over 1500 pupils and students with SEN across London, Surrey, Sussex and Berkshire. To find out more about us, and what makes us a special place to work please visit https://www.ohcat.org/work-for-us/.
The Occupational Therapy Team are passionate about:
· Working collaboratively with curriculum staff, parents & carers to help students achieve their full potential in college and the community.
· Promoting students’ independence and access to all areas of life.
· Creating capable and enabling environments within a multi-disciplinary Positive Behaviour Support framework.
· Supporting students to develop their skills and independence in self-regulation through exploring their feelings, triggers, and helpful tools.
· Researching, trialling, and recommending affordable, creative, and evidenced based assistive devices and technology to empower students’ independence in meaningful activities.
· Promoting all student’s health and wellbeing through the assessment and provision of appropriate seating and accessing interests within their local communities.
· Championing creative projects to facilitate students’ engagement in, and development of, the curriculum.
· Supporting each other, our OT team, to realise and develop our clinical and professional potential.
· Working collaboratively and creatively with the rest of the Integrated Services team including Occupational Therapy, Creative Arts therapists, Nursing, Physiotherapy and Positive behaviour support leads.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapy Clinical Lead to manage the Occupational Therapy service of therapists and assistants across the college and sit on the leadership team of the Integrated Services team, with potential impact at both a strategic and operational level.
As a family friendly employer, we are happy to consider applications for part time working including term time, or job shares.
We can offer you:
Please see the attached job description and person specification for full details on the role and the skills, experience and knowledge we are looking for.
For an informal discussion about the role, candidates are invited to contact Ashleigh Hope-Jones, Acting Clinical Lead for Occupational Therapy, via email at AMagner@orchardhill.ac.uk. Alternatively, you can also contact Jane Johnson, Head of Integrated Services via email at JJohnson@orchardhill.ac.uk.
To apply for the role please use the quick apply option to submit an application. If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application form will be scored according to each of the requirements laid out in the person specification for this role. Please demonstrate in your statement how your experience, skills and knowledge match the criteria that are required for the role.
Please note that CV applications cannot be considered.
Closing Date: Friday 14th April 2023
Interviews will take place on: Week Commencing Monday 24th April 2023
Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments made will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.Apply