The Vice Principal, under the direction of the Principal, will take a major role in:
- Formulating and implementing the strategic aims and objectives of the school as a member of the senior management team
- All aspects of the planning, organising, staffing, motivating, directing, and management of the school, including delivering required educational outcomes
- Being responsible for providing professional leadership and management of school support staff in partnership with teaching staff, to enhance their effectiveness in order to achieve improved standards of learning and achievement in the school.
- Being responsible for all aspects of curriculum implementation across the school including management of curriculum pathways, quality of teaching and learning, behaviour and inclusion and training and development of staff teams.
- To deputise in the absence of the Principal, performing the role in their absence as outlined in part 10 of the School Teachers’ pay and conditions document.
Experience of leadership, and working with pupils and students with SEN in either a mainstream or special setting, is desirable but not essential. What is imperative is that you have very high expectations, a love of challenge and a determination to make a difference to the lives of our fantastic children.
St Dominic’s School is part of Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust (OHC&AT), a specialist Trust with 12 Academies and 7 College Centres across London, Surrey and Sussex.
We are a special school in Surrey and provide education for pupils and students aged 7-19, typically with a primary diagnosis of Autism or social communication difficulties. Our school is located in the beautiful village of Hambledon, close to Witley, Milford, Guildford and Godalming. We have views of the Surrey hills and plenty of outdoor space, including access to the common and a Forest School site.
Benefits include: Free car parking, lunch provided on site, Employee Assistance Programme and membership to Perkbox.
Further details and how to apply
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Vicky Perry, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your completed application via email to: email@example.com
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing date: Monday 24th May 2021
Interviews: To be held Wednesday 26th May 2021
St Dominic’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.