Teaching Assistant – Job Description and Person Specification
– Confident and self motivated in exercising appropriate initiative
– A positive, flexible and confident attitude to work and problems
– A commitment to equality and celebrating diversity
– Patience and resilience
– Good level of physical fitness and general health
– Enthusiasm and drive for working in a BESD school
– Ability to take responsibility for own CPD
– Good sense of humour
– Unlimited empathy for working with children and a commitment to meeting the needs of the children and their families
Brantridge School is a residential special school located in Staplefield, near Haywards Heath, designed to meet the educational, behavioural, care and therapeutic needs up to 54 boys (age 6-13 years). Our children have a range of special needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
The School is part of Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust and it has established a strong reputation with children, parents and professionals alike in educating and caring for pupils with challenging behaviour and associated learning difficulties. You will join a professional and dedicated educational team.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th July 2018
Further details and how to apply
To apply, please send your completed application form to email@example.com or by post to; Emma Powell, Senior HR & Finance Administrator, Brantridge School, Staplefield, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH17 6EQ.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
For more information please contact the School Office on 01444 400 228.
Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to a 6 month probationary period and an enhanced DBS check.