We are looking for an enthusiastic and resilient SaLT Clinical Lead to join our school to provide intensive specialist support for pupils. We seek a therapist who wants to develop their skills and knowledge in a specialist educational setting from Key Stage 1 and 2.
- Be able to provide 1:1, paired and group interventions both in and outside of the classroom setting, in order to meet provision outlined on pupil’s Education, Health and Care Plans
- Support the pupils with specific areas of difficulty, and have specific knowledge and experience in developing interventions to target social and psychological needs
- Be confident in implementing strategies to manage pupils’ emotional regulation, to increase engagement in learning and develop pupils’ self-esteem
- Support in the development and coordination of a new sensory room within the school
- Attend multi-displinary meetings and provide training for the Education team, Pupil Support team, Safeguarding team and Therapy team to provide updates on pupil progress, encourage effective sharing of research and knowledge and to develop sound understanding of the needs of the pupils
- Be able to advise parents and carers with the management of students’ emotional regulation and sensory needs at home
- Maintain succinct clinical notes, complete relevant assessments highlighting issues of concern to the teams around the pupils and track progress, to ensure pupil data is available to inform future planning.
Confidence and experience of working with children with complex Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs is essential.
Brantridge School is a special academy located in Staplefield, near Haywards Heath, designed to meet the educational, behavioural and therapeutic needs of boys (age 5-11 years). Our children have a range of special needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
The School is part of Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust and it has established a strong reputation with children, parents and professionals alike in educating and caring for pupils with challenging behaviour and associated learning difficulties. Our Therapy team consists of a Speech and Language Therapist, Art Therapist and Therapy Assistant and you will help play a critical role in ensuring our pupils achieve their full potential.
This is a unique opportunity to develop specialist clinical skills within an educational environment, offering the chance to work collaboratively with a range of professionals and to use therapeutic skills creatively to meet the needs of pupils and students. In return we offer excellent support from colleagues and staff, commitment to CPD, access to internal and external training.
Further details and how to apply
If you believe you can help our pupils to fulfil their potential at school, at home and in their communities and are looking for a fresh challenge, then this role may be just what you are looking for.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Gio De Lucia on 01444 400228.
To apply for the role, please click here. You will be redirected to apply via our online TES portal.
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 11th October 2021
Interview date: W/C 18th October 2021
Brantridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to 6 months probationary period and an enhanced DBS check.