Speech and Language Therapist
We are looking for someone who:
– Has experience of working with pupils with complex learning difficulties;
– Has knowledge of SEN including ASC/SLI/ADHD;
– Has high level, in-depth understanding of the impact of social communication difficulties on pupil progress and achievement;
– Is enthusiastic and strongly motivated to join a multi-disciplinary team;
– Has experience of providing intensive specialist support;
– Demonstrates an innovative and flexible working style;
– Has some experience of delivering therapy within the education sector;
– Is passionate about high quality education and support for children of all abilities;
– Is a reflective practitioner;
– Can work effectively with a range of professionals to achieve the best outcomes for the children;
– Has excellent communication skills;
– Behaviour Management training will be provided.
SaLT Band 6 – Person Specification
Brantridge School is a special academy located in Staplefield, near Haywards Heath, designed to meet the educational, behavioural, care and therapeutic needs for up to 54 boys (age 6-12 years). Our children have a range of special needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
The School is part of Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust and it has established a strong reputation with children, parents and professionals alike in educating and caring for pupils with challenging behaviour and associated learning difficulties. You will join a professional and dedicated educational team.
Further details and how to apply
For more information please contact Diane Brazier, School Business Manager by email: email@example.com
To apply, please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to; Diane Brazier, School Business Manager, Brantridge School, Staplefield, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH17 6EQ.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing Date: Thursday 29th August 2019
Interview Date: TBC
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to a 6 month probationary period and an enhanced DBS check.