You will establish therapeutic relationships with students and interact with them according to individual needs. Providing 1:1 support via reflective and restorative practice.
Please view the full Job Description – Skills Coach JD-PS(YPA)
We are looking for people who are passionate about working with students that present with mental health needs and challenging behaviours. This role is ideal for individuals who want to work within education, health and social care.
The ideal candidate
To be considered a real asset to the school, you must demonstrate:
– An ability to engage in reflective practice and work with restorative approaches.
– A non-judgemental and empathetic approach.
– Strong behaviour management skills.
– A genuine passion for education.
– Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills.
– An energetic and enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude.
– Resilient and persevering personality.
– Both a friendly and professional manner.
The Young People’s Academy is a secondary co-educational special school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs, based in Hillingdon. The school aims to provide a therapeutic environment to support young people’s academic journey and psychological well being.
Further details and how to apply
To apply for this role, please send us your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date for applications: 15th July 2018
Interviews: 20th July 2018