Principle duties include:
– To work with the class teacher to plan lessons, providing and delivering excellent support for teaching and learning activities to agreed work programmes for individuals, groups or whole class in or out of the classroom when the class teacher is not present.
– To prepare and deliver lessons and assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment, including the competent and regular use of ICT, including a range of communication aids.
– To carry out specified work under a ‘system of supervision’.
– To be responsible for the management and development of a specialist area within the school, as agreed by the SLT.
– Demonstrate commitment to collaborative and cooperative working by effectively managing Learning Support Assistants.
– To provide cover in classes due to staff absence as required and directed by the SLT.
– To deal with personal care needs of pupils, following laid down school procedures.
– To provide appropriate medical interventions e.g. First Aid, Emergency medications.
– To work in partnership with the class teacher in the overall management and organisation of the pupils and the classroom, creating and maintaining a supportive educational environment.
– To positively support the ethos of the school, and be aware of and work within the Code of Conduct, school policies and guidelines at all times.
– To actively participate within the whole school team, developing and encouraging good relationships and promote harmony in the school.
It will be essential that you are prepared to undertake a relevant qualification within the first two years in post which will be funded by school.
Dysart School is part of Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust (OHC & AT) who are a family of education providers operating out of sites at Carshalton, Hackbridge, Camberwell, New Malden, Hillingdon, Kingston, Croydon and Uxbridge. OHC & AT provides a stimulating yet safe learning environment enabling each pupil/student to achieve to their maximum potential whilst managing their specialist and complex physical, health and learning needs.
Dysart is a vibrant and Ofsted-rated outstanding school for pupils between the ages of 4-19 who have severe and complex learning disabilities, including Autistic Spectrum Conditions. Our vision places our learners and their families at the heart of everything we do. If you believe that pupils with SEN have an entitlement to engaging and exciting schooling, and that teachers have a critical role in enriching the lives of young people, then we want to hear from you.
Further details and how to apply
Please download an application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing date: Monday 15th July 2019 at 4pm
Interviews: Thursday 18th July 2019
Dysart School is committed to the protection of children and an enhanced DBS check will be required for these positions.