Principle duties include:
– To work with the class teacher to plan lessons, providing and delivering excellent support for teaching and learning activities to agreed work programmes for individuals, groups or whole class in or out of the classroom when the class teacher is not present.
– To prepare and deliver lessons and assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment, including the competent and regular use of ICT, including a range of communication aids.
– To carry out specified work under a ‘system of supervision’.
– To be responsible for the management and development of a specialist area within the school, as agreed by the SLT.
– Demonstrate commitment to collaborative and cooperative working by effectively managing Learning Support Assistants.
– To provide cover in classes due to staff absence as required and directed by the SLT.
– To deal with personal care needs of pupils, following laid down school procedures.
– To provide appropriate medical interventions e.g. First Aid, Emergency medications.
– To work in partnership with the class teacher in the overall management and organisation of the pupils and the classroom, creating and maintaining a supportive educational environment.
– To positively support the ethos of the school, and be aware of and work within the Code of Conduct, school policies and guidelines at all times.
– To actively participate within the whole school team, developing and encouraging good relationships and promote harmony in the school.
It is essential that you are prepared to undertake a relevant qualification within the first two years in post, which will be funded by school.
Dysart School is part of Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust (OHC & AT) who are a family of education providers operating out of sites at Carshalton, Hackbridge, Camberwell, New Malden, Hillingdon, Kingston, Croydon and Uxbridge. OHC & AT provides a stimulating yet safe learning environment enabling each pupil/student to achieve to their maximum potential whilst managing their specialist and complex physical, health and learning needs.
Further details and how to apply
To apply please send your completed application form to: email@example.com
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing date: Monday 9th December 2019 at 4pm
Interviews: Monday 16th December 201
Dysart School is committed to the protection of children and an enhanced DBS check will be required for these positions.