The Office Manager role is pivotal in the school and you will lead on the management of an effective Sims system to meet the needs of the Academy. You will also be responsible for managing financial and HR processes in the school and liaising with the shared service finance team.
You will be organised, have excellent communication skills and a proven track record in implementing change and improvements. You will need to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
– Successful experience in a similar role, preferably in an education setting.
– Excellent IT skills including a detailed knowledge of SIMS.
– Experience in both financial and HR processes.
– Be committed to working in partnership with parents and carers, schools, colleges, businesses and other agencies to promote the best possible outcomes for our pupils/students
Chart Wood is a special day/boarding school for boys (105 day pupils and 24 boarders) aged 9 to 16 years who have social, emotional and mental health needs. Some pupils also have moderate learning and attachment difficulties. Class sizes are small with no more than six pupils in each teaching group. This is an exciting time in the School’s development with a committed £15 million new build and relocation to Dorking by September 2019. The project will see a modern, ecologically designed building arranged over three terraces and divided into a lower school (Years 5 to Year 8) and upper school (Years 9 to Year 11) with state of the art facilities and the latest innovative technologies.
There is a current proposal for Chart Wood School to be converted into an academy in order to join Orchard Hill College Academy Trust. The proposal is about creating new opportunities to raise standards for our pupils and to strengthen the future of our school. If the proposal goes ahead, the process is likely to be completed in November 2018
We can offer:
– the opportunity to develop skills and experience within a family of providers
– staff and an Executive Board who are committed and dedicated to success
– support and guidance from the Orchard Hill College Academy Trust
Further details and how to apply
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing Date: 12 Noon, Monday 5th November 2018
Interviews to be held: w/c Monday 12th November 2018
Chart Wood School and Orchard Hill College Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.