Start date: September 2021
To provide support for Designated Safeguarding Leader (to include Medical Needs) to ensure that children needs are met through:
- supporting and enhancing the safeguarding and medical care.
- monitoring effective intervention and support for the above vulnerable groups of pupils
- ensuring high standards of conduct, and promoting a positive climate for learning
- managing medical training and monitor training record relating to safeguarding and medical needs ensuring they are kept up to date
- be an active member of the safeguarding team and provide admin support.
Enhancing the practice of others through:
- monitoring teachers and other staff awareness of ‘day to day’ application ensuring they are aware of the safeguarding and medical needs of their pupils and that EHCPs and PLPs reflect these
- identifying and promoting innovative and effective strategies to meet pupils’ needs
- modelling effective strategies to promote a positive climate for learning
Applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and medical needs
- experience of leading and modelling best practice
- a commitment to further training in these areas
Further details and how to apply
To apply for this post, please click here. You will be redirected to apply via our online TES portal.
Completed application forms must be submitted to apply for this position, CV’s are not accepted.
Closing date: Friday 21st May 2021
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 7th June 2021
Arbour Vale School takes safer recruitment seriously and follows the safer recruitment process; the successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Arbour Vale school and Orchard Hill College Academy Trust (OHCAT) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment therefore an enhanced DBS check will be required for these positions.