You will need to:
- be a highly capable leader, with a clear sense of vision, strategic thinking and purpose;
- be an exceptional classroom practitioner, with expertise in SEND and specifically SEMH;
- have recent and relevant experience of highly effective leadership and a strong track record in raising standards;
- have a full understanding of processes involving children in care, child protection and safeguarding and be committed to working in partnership;
- be collegiate, responsive, highly approachable and have the ability to inspire colleagues, pupils, students and their families.
- be fully committed to developing effective independence for students beyond school
Orchard Hill College (the College) and Orchard Hill College Academy Trust (the Trust) together form Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust (OHC&AT), a family of specialist education providers for pupils and students from nursery to further education across London, Berkshire, Surrey and Sussex. As an outstanding provider and Academy sponsor, Orchard Hill College has a strong track record for making a positive impact within the local communities it serves.
Unified Academy is a special school for boys aged 9 to 16 years who have social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH). Some students also have co-existing conditions, such as a specific learning difficulty or a diagnosis of ASD. Staff: student ratios are favourable and support our students to achieve well.
We can offer:
- the opportunity to develop skills and experience within a ‘family’ of specialist providers;
- staff and an Executive Board who are highly committed and dedicated to success;
- embedded support and guidance from Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust
- a home Local Authority (Surrey County Council) supportive of developing local provision for children and young people in their communities
Further details and how to apply
To apply please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing Date: 5pm on Monday 21st September 2020
Selection process and interviews: Monday 28th or Tuesday 29th September 2020
Chart Wood School, Orchard Hill College Academy Trust and Surrey County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.