You will be an ambitious, proven leader either at Deputy or Principal level and have an excellent track record of successfully implementing school improvement and impactful change.
We will be able to wait until September 2021 for the right candidate.
You will need to:
- be a highly capable leader, with a clear sense of vision, strategic thinking and purpose
- be an exceptional classroom practitioner, with expertise in SEND and specifically SEMH
- have recent and relevant experience of highly effective leadership and a strong track record in raising standards
- have a full understanding of processes involving children in care, child protection and safeguarding
- be collegiate, responsive, highly approachable and have the ability to inspire pupils, students families and staff
- be fully committed to developing effective independence for students beyond school.
Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust (OHC&AT) is a leading Multi Academy Trust for Special Education with 15 schools across London, Berkshire, Surrey and Sussex and has a strong record for making a positive impact within the local communities it serves. The sponsor, Orchard Hill College is an outstanding London based specialist college.
Unified Academy (formally Chart Wood School) is a special school for 120 boys aged 9 to 16 years who have social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH). Some students also have co-existing conditions, such as a specific learning difficulty or a diagnosis of ASD.
We can offer:
- the opportunity to develop skills and experience within a ‘family’ of specialist providers
- staff and an Executive Board who are highly committed and dedicated to success
- embedded support and guidance from Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust.
Further details and how to apply
For further information please download the Unifed Academy Principal Application Pack
For an informal discussion about the role, candidates are invited to contact Beverly Davidson on 0208 254 7826 (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a time to speak to our CEO or Deputy CEO.
Please click here to apply online
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing Date: 5pm on Monday 30th November 2020
Selection process and interviews: Tuesday 8th December 2020
Unified Academy and Orchard Hill College Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.