You will be an ambitious, proven leader either at Deputy or Principal level and have an excellent track record of successfully implementing school improvement and impactful change.
You will need to:
- be a highly capable leader, with a clear sense of vision, strategic thinking and purpose
- be an exceptional classroom practitioner, with expertise in SEND
- have recent and relevant experience of highly effective leadership and a strong track record in raising standards
- have a full understanding of processes involving children in care, child protection and safeguarding
- be collegiate, responsive, highly approachable and have the ability to inspire colleagues, pupils, students and their families.
- be fully committed to developing effective independence for students beyond school.
Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust (OHC&AT) is a leading Multi Academy Trust for Special Education with 15 schools across London, Berkshire, Surrey and Sussex and has a strong record for making a positive impact within the local communities it serves. The sponsor, Orchard Hill College is an outstanding London based specialist college.
St Dominic’s School is a special school in Surrey and provides education for pupils and students aged 7-19 typically with a primary diagnosis of Speech Language & Communication Needs and/or Autistic Spectrum Condition.
At St Dominic’s we believe passionately in a multi-disciplinary, ‘needs led’ approach to meeting each child’s and young person’s needs, resulting in carefully managed groupings, including specialist intervention work from our in-house therapeutic team. The school works closely in partnership with families, referring authorities and external agencies to coordinate the best possible education, care, guidance and support for its pupils and students.
We can offer:
- the opportunity to develop skills and experience within a ‘family’ of specialist providers
- staff and an Executive Board who are highly committed and dedicated to success
- embedded support and guidance from Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust.
Further details and how to apply
For further information please download the St Dominic’s Principal Application Pack
For an informal discussion about the role, candidates are invited to contact Beverly Davidson on 0208 254 7826 (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a time to speak to our CEO or Deputy CEO.
Please click here to apply online.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing Date: 5pm on Monday 30th November 2020
Selection process and interviews: Monday 7th December 2020
St Dominic’s School and Orchard Hill College Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.