The successful candidate will manage the site supervision team, taking responsibility for managing performance, induction and absence, supervise and monitor contractors in their work, deputise for the Head of Estates & Facilities and cover the management of the Site Supervisors/Caretakers in their absence.
You will be up to date with current legislation pertaining to compliance, fire safety, legionella and asbestos, as well as advising on matters relating to energy and conservation. You will also be responsible for providing MIDAS training across OHC&AT.
The right person for this job will have:
- A genuine commitment to working with people with learning disabilities and emotional needs
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with pupils, students, staff, parents/carers, drivers/escorts, contractors, delivery drivers and members of the public
- A range of skills in general maintenance and repair work to carry out various site maintenance duties for both the buildings and grounds• A full, clean driving license
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and also work under pressure
- Previous experience of health and safety, security
- Ability to manage projects, and plan, analyse and prioritise tasks
- Proven experience of team management
Orchard Hill College (the College) and Orchard Hill College Academy Trust (the Trust) together form Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust (OHC&AT), a family of specialist education providers for pupils and students from nursery to further education. Our ambition is to contribute further to improving the education offered for all pupils and students in our communities, including those with SEN. Our students are at the heart of what we do, and this is reflected in the way the Estates and Facilities team works. We currently have 4 regional hubs – North West London/Slough, South West London, Sutton and Croydon and Surrey & Sussex.
OHC&AT is a busy, vibrant place to work, where our committed workforce is dedicated to empowering and enabling pupils and students to achieve.
Further details and how to apply
To apply for this role please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 5.00 p.m. on Friday 7th August 2020
Interview date: week commencing 21st August 2020
OHC&AT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.