You will be required to carry out a range of duties to ensure our buildings and grounds are maintained to a high standard which will include security, health & safety, compliance, management of cleaning contract, routine maintenance, asset management, and assisting with obtaining maintenance/repair quotes/estimates to ensure best value.
You will be up to date with current legislation pertaining to compliance, fire safety, legionella and asbestos, as well as advising on matters relating to energy and conservation.
The right person for this job will have:
– A genuine commitment to working with people with learning disabilities and emotional needs
– Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with students, staff, parents/carers, drivers/escorts, contractors, delivery drivers and members of the public
– A range of skills in general maintenance and repair work to carry out various site maintenance duties for both the buildings and grounds
– A full, clean driving license
– The ability to work with minimum supervision and also work under pressure
– Previous experience of health and safety, security
– Ability to manage projects, and plan, analyse and prioritise tasks
– Proven experience of team management
Addington Valley Academy (AVA) is a co-educational Special School which will have 150 places for children and young people aged 2-19 who have autism and social communication, cognitive, sensory and social, emotional, and behavioural needs in the Croydon region. All our children have Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD).
This is an exciting time in the school’s development with a planned relocation to a newly constructed school building for the academic year 2021-22 with a fantastic learning environment designed to meet the needs of autistic children.
We are currently seeking a Premises Manager to join our new and committed staff team. You will be required to carry out a range of duties to ensure our buildings and grounds are maintained to a high standard which will include security, health & safety, compliance, management of cleaning contract, routine maintenance, asset management, and assisting with obtaining maintenance/repair quotes/estimates to ensure best value.
Orchard Hill College (the College) and Orchard Hill College Academy Trust (the Trust) together form Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust (OHC&AT), a family of specialist education providers for pupils and students from nursery to further education. As an outstanding provider and Academy sponsor, Orchard Hill College has a strong track record for making a positive impact within the local communities it serves. The College has 6 centres and the Trust is now home to 14 special schools across London, Surrey, Sussex and Berkshire. As a family of specialist providers with a strong track record, we aim to create exciting and relevant educational opportunities tailored to the needs and ambitions of our current and future pupils and students with special education needs or who experience other barriers to learning.
We can offer:
– the opportunity to develop your skills and experience within a family of providers;
– staff and an Executive Board who are highly committed and dedicated to success;
– support and guidance from Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust.
Further details and how to apply
We welcome any questions you may have and you can contact us via email at email@example.com.
To apply, please click here. You will be redirected to the TES website.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing date: Midday Friday 24th September 2021
Interview Date(s): w/c 27th September 2021
Orchard Hill College Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.