– Provide efficient support to ensure the Estates Team operate in a coordinated and proficient manner
– Co-ordinate and process the ordering of supplies and equipment
– Be responsible for the management of the OHC&AT fleet
– Schedule and allocate work to staff, managing their workloads and timescales
– Be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Facilities Help Desk and Health and Safety systems
The right person for this job will;
– Have excellent computer skills and experience of using Windows applications
– Have experience of working within a team
– Have demonstrable experience in administration systems and practices
– Have strong customer service skills and a sensitive approach in dealing with a wide variety of people
– Be able to prioritise and organise own workload
Orchard Hill College (the College) and Orchard Hill College Academy Trust (the Trust) together form Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust (OHC&AT), a family of specialist education providers for pupils and students from nursery to further education. As an outstanding provider and Academy sponsor, Orchard Hill College has a strong track record for making a positive impact within the local communities it serves. The College has 6 centres and the Trust is now home to 14 special schools across London, Surrey and Sussex.
Further details and how to apply
To apply, please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing date: Tuesday 3rd September 2019
Interview date: Week commencing 9th September 2019
OHC&AT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.