The Skills Hub seeks an experienced, qualified, committed, highly motivated individual to deliver Computing and IT at Functional Skills and GCSE levels (Key Stage 3, and 4 students).
* this role may possibly come with additional responsibility with a TLR for a Data Manager (dependent on prior experience and skills)
The school aims to provide a therapeutic environment to support young people’s
academic journey and psychological wellbeing. Our ideal candidate embraces our principles that are based on mutual respect and compassion that seeks to increase the life chances of our young people and to lift their ambitions.
A clear and confident communicator, you will have the ability to engage, motivate and inspire students. You will develop and employ a variety of learning strategies, including the use of ILT, to ensure excellence in teaching and learning and the achievement of course targets.
The ideal candidate must have UK QTS
To be considered a real asset to the school, you must demonstrate:
- An ability to be relevant and present
- A non-judgmental and empathic approach
- Highly motivated with a genuine passion for teaching
- Have excellent classroom and behaviour management skills
- Be determined to provide high levels of teaching
- An energetic and enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude
- Both a friendly and professional manner.
All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
The Skills Hub is a secondary co-educational alternative provision predominantly working with students who are at risk of or are permanently excluded from mainstream education.
Further details and how to apply
To apply for this role, please click here. You will be redirected to apply via our online TES portal.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered. We only accept completed application forms.
Application deadline: 3pm Friday, 12th November 2021
Start date: 4th January 2022
Orchard Hill College Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.