You will provide strategic and administrative support and manage Local Governing Body meetings, draft agendas, produce accurate and concise minutes of meetings and maintain information on membership and advise the Local Governing Body on procedural matters where appropriate.
Full Job Description here – Clerk to the Governors – Job Description_Person Specification
You will need to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
– Experience as a clerk or similar role in a relevant governance setting
– Experience of taking notes of meetings and presenting records of expressed opinions and decisions taken
– Effective oral and written communication skills to be able to work effectively with a range of audiences using appropriate presentation, interpersonal and decision-making skills.
– Methodical and thorough work ethic, with the ability to meet targets and deadlines and respond positively to changing priorities and timeframes
– Excellent interpersonal skills to all Stakeholders
– To have confidence in own understanding of legislation
– Commitment to safeguarding and promoting welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and the highest standards of equality practice.
Young People’s Academy and The Skills Hub are part of the Orchard Hill College Academy Trust, and are based in the Hillingdon Regional Hub. As an outstanding provider and Academy sponsor, Orchard Hill College has a strong track record for making a positive impact within the local community it serves.
Young People’s Academy is a special school for pupils aged 11-16 with social, emotional and mental health needs and Young People’s Academy is an alternative provision for pupils aged 11-16.
Further details and how to apply
Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will undergo an enhanced DBS check prior to commencing employment.
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Thursday 9th August 2018
Interview date: TBC