You will have a key role in promoting the effective governance of the Trust and ensure proceedings are conducted in accordance with all relevant legislation/ regulations and established guidance. You will provide strategic and administrative support and manage Local Governing Body meetings, draft agendas, produce accurate and concise minutes of meetings and maintain information on membership and advise the Local Governing Body on procedural matters where appropriate.
You will need to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- Experience as a clerk or similar role in a relevant governance setting
- Experience of taking notes of meetings and presenting records of expressed opinions and decisions taken
- Effective oral and written communication skills to be able to work effectively with a range of audiences using appropriate, presentation, interpersonal and decision making skills
- Methodical and thorough work ethic, with the ability to meet targets and deadlines and respond positively to changing priorities and timeframes
- Excellent interpersonal skills to all stakeholders
- To have confidence in own understanding of legislation
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and the highest standards of equality practice.
Orchard Hill College Academy Trust comprises fourteen schools located in the South East. As an outstanding provider and Academy sponsor, Orchard Hill College has a strong track record for making a positive impact within the local community it serves.
We have an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic, talented clerks who are seeking the flexibility of part-time working to support Local Governing Bodies at our schools in Tooting, Kingston, Slough and Hillingdon, with the option to support one or multiple schools across the Trust.
Further details and how to apply
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact the Governance Manager, Susanne Wicks, by email to email@example.com or telephone 07795 606 346.
To apply, please send your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 26th April 2019
Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will undergo an enhanced DBS check prior to commencing employment.