You will manage the catering operation within the school including the efficient administrative duties, supervise and develop a team to deliver services which meet the students and staff requirements, plan healthy menus which introduce students to a varied range of dishes and have an awareness of allergen information.
You will also be responsible for training the kitchen staff to prepare and serve food to the highest standard and source the best quality food within the given budget. Ensure that all staff act in accordance with the Hygiene, Health and Safety policies and procedures and compliant with the requirements of food hygiene regulations, Health & Safety, COSHH and risk management practices.
Full Job Description – Catering Manager JD_PS YPA
You will be organised, have excellent communication skills and a proven track record in catering management experience. You will need to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
– Experience of working in a similar establishment with high service standards.
– Ability to deliver an excellent food service to achieve customer satisfaction at all times.
– Commitment to maintaining food safety standards.
– Ability to work as part of a team.
– Excellent communication and administration skills.
– Strong organisational and management skills
– Be committed to working in partnership with businesses and other agencies to promote the best possible outcomes for our pupils/students
The Young People’s Academy is a secondary co-educational special school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs based in Hillingdon. It is an alternative provision for students who cannot attend mainstream school for a variety of reasons. The school aims to provide a therapeutic environment to support young people’s academic journey and psychological wellbeing.
We can offer:
– the opportunity to develop skills and experience within a family of providers
– staff and an Executive Board who are committed and dedicated to success
– support and guidance from the Orchard Hill College Academy Trust
Further details and how to apply
It is strongly advised that you contact the school to arrange a visit. To arrange, or to discuss the post further with the Principal please phone 01895 446747.
Please send your completed application form to Danielle Brooker at DBrooker@yphub.org.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 25th February 2019
The Young People’s Academy, Orchard Hill College Academy Trust and the Local Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.