Specific responsibilities of an Attendance & Admissions Officer
– To monitor whole school attendance data on a daily basis
– Organise and arrange specific student interventions in relation to attendance and lateness.
– Carry out first day contact with parents/carers about students.
– Work with staff and Senior Leadership around absence and punctuality concerns
– To organise, attend and monitor home visits with parents.
– Promote punctuality both at the start of the day and throughout, ensuring students are not truanting.
– Provide weekly reports around attendance and punctuality and discuss next steps for those deemed to be regularly truanting.
– Provide administrative support to Admissions team.
You will be self-motivated, exceptionally well organised and a good team worker. The post requires relevant computer skills, good communication skills and the ability to relate well to both adults and young people. You will also demonstrate genuine care for the welfare and safeguarding of our and strive to help them achieve and succeed in school.
Our ideal candidate embraces our principles that are based on mutual respect and compassion that seek to increase the life chances of our young people and to lift their ambitions.
The Skills Hub is a secondary co-educational alternative provision predominantly working with students who are at risk of or are permanently excluded from mainstream education. The school aims to provide a therapeutic environment to support young people’s academic journey and psychological wellbeing.
To apply for this role, please click here. You will be redirected to the TES website.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered. We only accept completed application forms.
Start date: 1st September 2021.
Applications deadline: 29th July 2021
Interview currently scheduled for: Wednesday 4th August 2021.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.