The Digital School is a student driven enterprise that develops innovative and engaging digital resources for students, staff and the wider community. Technology has a huge impact on our students lives and their learning, it enables them to be more independent and flourish educationally, vocationally and socially.
Our vision for the Digital School is:
- Students will gain valuable digital skills and experience leading to sustainable jobs in the digital sector
- Students will be equipped to live in a digital world
- Students will harness assistive technology to maximise their independence, communication skills and potential in the work place
- Local communities will have an appreciation of the abilities and valuable contribution of our students
- Partnerships will increasingly provide meaningful work experience opportunities for our post 16 cohort
- Sponsors will support the Digital School providing products and services that enhance students learning, communication and digital skills
The Digital School team’s services are delivered across the OHC&AT so that all students benefit from their expertise and interactive sessions.
Digital skills are embedded into curriculum, click here to see how technology is incorporated into each of our programmes.
Digital School students across OHC&AT have developed a number of products and services including:
- Pod Radio – a student driven community podcast
- Augmented Reality – a series of interactive training cards
- Game Design – various educational games
- Digital Student Magazine
- Sensory Stories
- Contour – an e-learning portfolio
- Virtual Reality
- Community Digital Hub
- Annual Film Festival
For more information contact the Digital School on 0345 402 0453 or email email@example.com